The Buckley Society Logo

Buckley Cricket Club"

Brunswick Road, Buckley


The club was founded in 1889, with its ground behind the Feathers Inn. G. A. Parry was chairman. He was also Buckley's first county councillor and chairman of Buckley Urban District Council for its first six years, as well as the owner of Parry's Brickworks at Ewloe Barn. The Castle Firebrick Company took it over and it was the first to close in the Castle group.


The photo was taken in front of the cricket pavilion, an old wooden structure demolished about 1980. A new brick building replaced it.

Author: Anon


Year = 1910

Event = Sporting

Gender = Male

People = Group

Sport = Ball

Extra = Formal Portrait

Extra = 1910s

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society