The Buckley Society Logo

View of the Buckley Junction Metallic Brickworks from Tyndale"

Chester Road, Buckley


The Buckley Junction Brickworks was established in 1839. In 1919 the company was called the Buckley Junction Metallic Brick Co Ltd. It was called both "Metallic" and "Junction", the latter because it was by the railway junction for Connah's Quay and Hawarden Bridge. Castle Firebrick Co bought it in 1956; it was closed down in 1962. Joe Chesters remembers getting his first job there upon leaving the Elfed aged 15 in 1961after the Easter holidays. It closed the following year.


Author: Anon


Year = 1960

Landscape = Urban

Work = Light Industry

Extra = 1960s

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society