The Buckley Society Logo

Lane End Brickworks"

Lane End Brickworks, Buckley


The excavation in the foreground is where the clay hole is today.


The Hancock family sold the works to Fred Jones in 1933. In the early 1950s it became the property of Castle Fire Brick Co Ltd, who introduced mechanisation to move the clay. It is possible that this photo is dated later than 1952. In 1971 it became the property of Butterley Building Co.





Author: Bentley, James


Year = 1952

Building = Industrial

Landscape = Industrial

Work = Heavy Industry

Extra = 1950s

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society