The Buckley Society Logo


Argoed Road, Buckley


This field was situated near the present day Cemetery House and top of Argoed Road. Jeff Parry was the licensee of the Albion Public House which was opposite this field. The land was part of Crab Mill Farm, farmed by a Mr ? Jones, Mill House, Mill Lane. In about the 1940s, Kingsley Hughes, son of Alec Hughes, coal merchant in Mill Lane in 40s - 70s, took over the farm. In the early 60s, his daughter and her husband, Vivienne and Joe Lawton took over the farm and lived at Mill House and paddock.

Of course, this land is now covered in roads and houses.

Author: Fisher, Bill, 1922


Year = 1920

Gender = Male

Landscape = Cultivated

People = Group

Work = Agricultural

Extra = 1920s

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society