The Buckley Society Logo

Buckley Railway Terminus at Connah's Quay"

Buckley Railway, Connah's Quay


from "An Industrial and Pottery Walk round Buckley", which is in the library.




Royal Assent for its construction was obtained on 14th June 1860. An iron tramroad called Wepre Tram Road already served Northop Hall Colliery, Galchog Colliery and Dublin Main. Running alongside on the South side of the river was the Chester, Holyhead main line of the L.N.W.R (London North Western Railway). The Wrexham Mold and Connah's Quay railway took over in 1862. The railway was disused by about 1974. Site was derelict apart form the Sea Cadet H.Q., and fishermans' jetty. From the late 1980s it was taken over by industrial units.


A small service of goods between here and the Isle of Man was initiated in the early 1980s but soon ceased.

Author: Bentley, James


Year = 1980

Building = Industrial

Landscape = Urban

Transport = Rail

Work = Transport

Extra = 1980s

Extra = Visual Arts

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society