The Buckley Society Logo

The smelt"

Smelt, Brunswick Road, Buckley


The smelt was built by Ironmaster John Wilkinson in 1790 and used for smelting lead ore. Buckley Foundry used it prior to its demolition in 1966.

Author: Anon


Year = 1960

Building = Industrial

Event = Historic

Work = Heavy Industry

Extra = Architecture

Extra = 1960s

Copyright © 2015 The Buckley Society